Kaufman County Farm Bureau Scholarship
Kaufman County Farm Bureau is awarding up to 3 scholarships to deserving and outstanding youth in Kaufman County. The scholarships are for $1000 each and will be awarded on April 29, 2022.
ELIGIBILITY OF APPLICANT
To be eligible, a student must:
- Be a family member of Kaufman County Farm Bureau for at least one (1) year prior to applying for the Scholarship.
- Be a 2022 graduate of a high school/Private School/Homeschool in Kaufman County.
- Have been an active member in a school organizations (ie- member of Honor Society, 4-H/FFA/FCCLA)
- Meet entrance requirements of a Texas college, university, or technical school.
- Enroll full-time in a Texas college, university, or technical school in the Fall of 2022.
- Plan to major in an Agriculture or Family and Consumer Sciences related field.
- Submit SAT and/or ACT test scores. (May be provided on transcript.)
- Submit FAFSA
- Attach an official copy of high school transcript.
- Submit the completed application and attachments by March 19, 202.
AVAILABILITY OF APPLICATIONS
Applications will be available through the following methods:
- Contact a County Farm Bureau Agent in any of the Farm Bureau offices in Terrell, Kaufman or Forney.
- Kaufman County Texas A&M AgriLife webpage: http://kaufman-tx.tamu.edu/
- Contact: Kaufman County Farm Bureau – 972-962-2116.
The completed application and attachments must be postmarked by March 3, 2022 and mailed to the following address:
Kaufman County Farm Bureau
Attn: Robert Dobbs
2477 N. St Hwy 34, Kaufman, TX 75142
|March 3rd, 2022||Postmark deadline for application|
|April 28th, 2022||Scholarship Finalist will be asked to attend the County Farm Bureau Board meeting for an interview.|
|April 29th, 2022||Notification of scholarship winners|
|August 1st, 2022||Scholarship recipients must send a copy of their college, university, or technical school schedule to the above address so that 1st half of funds can be sent to the appropriate college scholarship office.|
|November 1st, 2022||Scholarships will be void if not claimed by this date.|
|January 1st , 2023||Scholarship recipients must send a copy of their college, university, or technical school schedule to the above address so that 2nd half of funds can be sent to the appropriate college scholarship office.|
2022 TEXAS 4-H OPPORTUNITY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Texas 4-H Opportunity Scholarships are academic scholarships awarded each year to applicants based on their academic record, 4-H experience, and financial need (for scholarships for which it is a required criterion).
GUIDELINES for the (Baccalaureate, Technical, & Courageous Heart Scholarships)
All applications (except for collegiate applications) must be submitted through 4-H CONNECT 21and meet all criteria to be considered.
You can Access 4-H CONNECT at this link: TX 4-H CONNECT
EXISTING SCHOLAR HANDBOOKS & FORMS
Scholarship Handbook 2018 – 2019
Wallrath Scholar Handbook 2018 – 2019
Foundation Special Request Form
Wallrath Special Request Form