Dear New 4-H Family,
Welcome to the Kaufman County 4-H Program! We are excited to have you join us! We encourage you to peruse the related files below to download good resources to assist you in this transition. Such resources include:
- Kaufman County 4-H Family Guide: This guide will give you some basics of 4-H, what to expect from our program, and a quick glossary of terms in case you hear or see something you are not familiar with.
- What is 4-H?: This handout will give you an overview of the 4-H program.
- 4-H Meeting: Learn about club meetings – what they will typically look like, what their purpose is, etc.
- Pledges: Each meeting and 4-H event is started with the Pledge of Allegiance and the 4-H Pledge.
- Handouts for Parents/Guardians: Learn what is expected of you as a 4-H parent. Review some “do’s and don’ts” when it comes to helping your 4-Her. We want you to be involved with the 4-H program, but would remind you that it is a program for the youth!
- Kaufman County 4-H Newsletter: Our monthly newsletter that is sent close to the first of the month. You will be able to access it from your 4-HOnline account.
- Important Dates: Be sure to put these dates on your calendar! There will be more to come, but these will get you started! On the Kaufman County 4-H Council Blogspot you will be able to view a calendar of all the posted activities for Kaufman County 4-H. We also have a FaceBook Page to try to keep everyone up to date.
- White Achievement Card: This is like your “permanent record” for 4-H. Be sure to update this yearly to be eligible for awards and scholarships!
- Invitation to New Family Orientation: Join us for a deeper discussion of what it means to be a 4-H family, how you can get involved, and answer any questions you may have! February 16, 2016, 6:30 PM at the Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds.
- Project Description: Quick overview of the projects are listed on the Texas 4-H Projects pages. Contact the 4-H Extension Agent – Carrie Sharp or your club manager to see what is offered in each club.
- Club List: See just how many clubs we have in Kaufman County.
- Project Manuals: See what books/record sheet go with each project you decide to take. These are available for purchase at our office, and prices range from $1-$10.
If you have yet to enroll in 4-H, you can do so here.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Kaufman County Extension Office at 972-932-9069 or email the 4-H Extension Agent, Carrie Sharp at firstname.lastname@example.org.